About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Laura Hickman. Writer, sewist, baker, fairytalemaker. When I'm not writing a delicious fantasy with my husband Tracy Hickman, I'm up to my elbows creating with yarn, frosting, cloth, or paint. I love playing with my grandkids, outdoor photography & travel. Join me at http:// bakingoutsidethebox.com as I share my creations including my Baking Outside the Box mix method for all sorts of fabulous desserts. Invictus by William Ernest Henley, is my favorite poem. Especially the final stanza: It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Baking Outside the Box Video

Hi All,
I thought you might enjoy seeing the project I've been working on. It's my dessert cookbook now dubbed "Baking Outside the Box". I had a meeting with a publisher recently who was intrigued and asked if I could do a little info-video and start a blog for it. And of course what does one say but, "Yes! I'd love to do that!" My darling daughter, Angel, expertly filmed and edited the video for me. The Lady on camera has quite a bit to learn about standing in front of the lens. (I am much more comfortable behind it.) But one does what is needed to move a creative project toward a contract! (Blogger clips the side of the video so click on 'Meeting Baking Outside the box' on the little video to view in full width.) The May pictures will be up later this month.

3 comments:

  1. Laura - that was wonderful!!! Well done, you!! Barefoot Contessa in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am impressed. How much are your books? Good luck with your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt kinda - well - insider, having actually BEEN there when those jars were being filled. I'm slow to comment - I know, and this is why: I have been sort of riding along on this old horse, and not really knowing which path I'm on, then I visited you - and Tracy SHOT ME RIGHT OUT OF THE SADDLE. So I've been lying on the ground since a week ago Thursday (was it Thurs we came up?) staring at the sky (knitting, embroidering, putting up electric fence, making birthday presents), wondering what hit me. And finally, today - with the soggy flipping weather, I'm sitting down to think. Think. Think. Think. And watch hours of Tracy.

    This vid is really fetching - if I were not in find-my-bones mode, I'd be back up there, learning your secrets. And waiting like crazy for the book to come out. I mean, I AM waiting for it, but i can't eat anything from it. Yet. But I will. I will. Someday, I will be svelt and then I'll have YEARS to eat myself back to where I am now. YAY!!! You look beautiful and cute and those cookies were seductively quick to mix up. I'll post about you when the book's ready.

    ReplyDelete