About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Laura Hickman. Writer, sewist, baker, fairytalemaker. When I'm not writing a delicious fantasy with my husband Tracy Hickman, I'm up to my elbows creating with yarn, frosting, cloth, or paint. I love playing with my grandkids, outdoor photography & travel. Join me at http:// bakingoutsidethebox.com as I share my creations including my Baking Outside the Box mix method for all sorts of fabulous desserts. Invictus by William Ernest Henley, is my favorite poem. Especially the final stanza: It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Reflections


Over the last few months I've discovered the true reason I'm thrilled with the black granite counters in my kitchen -- the reflections. Here are a few of my favorites spanning May until early November. (Be certain to click on each picture to view it full-size) Enjoy!



The "Apricots and Cherries" picture is when I first saw the reflection in the granite and the warm light bouncing off the fruit and bowls and became fascinated. I love how the reflection of the white bowl spills invitingly off the picture. (I may have to do a watercolor!)




"Glowball" The dandelion pictures surprised me when I saw how the light changed dramatically by moving the camera just a few inches.

"Conversation"


"Faerie Hats"


"Symmetry"



"Envy" I think that onion is trying to imitate the flower arrangement. Cheeky!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! You are filled with talent and then some. I love the reflections. You are right about the black counter tops. I owe you a call and you need to bring your camera to Manila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, the velvety tamping down of the light that takes place in those countertop reflections. Also, fun to play with our own angles to light and subject.

    ReplyDelete