About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Laura Hickman. Writer, sewist, baker, fairytalemaker. When I'm not writing a delicious fantasy with my husband Tracy Hickman, I'm up to my elbows creating with yarn, frosting, cloth, or paint. I love playing with my grandkids, outdoor photography & travel. Join me at http:// bakingoutsidethebox.com as I share my creations including my Baking Outside the Box mix method for all sorts of fabulous desserts. Invictus by William Ernest Henley, is my favorite poem. Especially the final stanza: It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Autumn on the B Mountains

In early October Tracy and I took a leisurely drive through the Beaver Mountains. We followed the main road up to Big Flat and then found a tiny dirt back road to Puffer Lake. The sky was enormous and nearly turquoise. The leaves had become pilgrims making a splendid autumnal journey.

This was the only red foliage we saw that day. A lovely loner.

O! Deer! (Remember to click on all the pictures!)

Portal to adventure

Mt. Baldy

"Strata"

"Invitation"

Arrival at Puffer Lake


Quite right, Mr. Frost..."Two roads diverged"...

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely place. And I love your header. It's so fitting, somehow. I never see deer. Everybody else always sees them, but I always seem to miss. And you got such a great shot of them.

    ReplyDelete