About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Laura Hickman. Writer, sewist, baker, fairytalemaker. When I'm not writing a delicious fantasy with my husband Tracy Hickman, I'm up to my elbows creating with yarn, frosting, cloth, or paint. I love playing with my grandkids, outdoor photography & travel. Join me at http:// bakingoutsidethebox.com as I share my creations including my Baking Outside the Box mix method for all sorts of fabulous desserts. Invictus by William Ernest Henley, is my favorite poem. Especially the final stanza: It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Waiting for Spring

There are only 4 photos I deemed worthy of sharing with you this month. Two of them are of old houses just outside Beaver, Utah.  I took them on the way home from a visit to St. George.
 I don't know why, but I'm drawn to old houses, abandoned cars and dead trees.  They make me feel wistful and I wonder about the life that once moved in them.  Please remember to click on the pictures to get a better view.  Hugs, Laura




 I rescued this bit of 'lost wool'. It was looking a bit forlorn on the grass beside the car.  I had jumped out of the car so quickly I'd dumped it off my lap onto the ground.
This is literally the leaf from a book.  It fell onto the table out of my journal where  I'd tucked it last fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment