About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Laura Hickman. Writer, sewist, baker, fairytalemaker. When I'm not writing a delicious fantasy with my husband Tracy Hickman, I'm up to my elbows creating with yarn, frosting, cloth, or paint. I love playing with my grandkids, outdoor photography & travel. Join me at http:// bakingoutsidethebox.com as I share my creations including my Baking Outside the Box mix method for all sorts of fabulous desserts. Invictus by William Ernest Henley, is my favorite poem. Especially the final stanza: It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

All in a Row

My camera and I have been in search of a theme the last few months.  I have a small offering of photos for you this month.  I have to wonder if I've simply become too picky about which photos I'm willing to share.  Ah well, I hope they please.
The first set were taken at the lake here in Daybreak.  I have been enjoying the walking paths around the lake.
The last photo was taken at the Mc D's on Time Square earlier this month. 
I hope to bag some nice photos in my travels to Lake Powell and  southern California soon.  
Remember to click on the photos to get a better look!
Sorry to say the service I used for my music widget is no longer available.
Love you all, Laura 


Sentinel


6 little ducks went out one day over the hill and far away...
I love little ducks.  Apparently I always have. 
 My mother once told me that I used to pray for
 'all the little duckies' in my bedtime prayers. :)



What is it about this that makes me laugh?
 They all seem to be waiting in line for something, 
but are too cool to admit it...like guys trying to get tics to a chick flick.



Front Row on Time Square.
The original was in color but it felt like it should be black and white.



1 comment:

  1. Nice images. And the black and white? Perfect. I think several months have gone by without my seeing anything but the screen of my computer. But most of the work is done now - and I am burning out, anyway. I need to see again, as you have done. And remember what it was like before I had burning purpose. Thank you for showing me ducks - I feel like the duck line just now, and I'd rather just be swimming along in the duckling line instead.

    ReplyDelete