About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Laura Hickman. Writer, sewist, baker, fairytalemaker. When I'm not writing a delicious fantasy with my husband Tracy Hickman, I'm up to my elbows creating with yarn, frosting, cloth, or paint. I love playing with my grandkids, outdoor photography & travel. Join me at http:// bakingoutsidethebox.com as I share my creations including my Baking Outside the Box mix method for all sorts of fabulous desserts. Invictus by William Ernest Henley, is my favorite poem. Especially the final stanza: It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Snake River Rafting -Star Valley #2

Friday morning there was a a beautiful breakfast. (Thank you Ann and Lynn), but I can't even remember if I ate anything. I was excited and perhaps sensibly a bit anxious. Bill and Kerry Biggerstaff have been rafting for many years and generously brought the rafts and all the equipment for the adventure. Many thanks to them. It was by turns blissful, thrilling and very, very wet. The pictures are of rapids called 'The Big Kahuna'. My friend Lynn,(yellow hat) had the good sense to hold on with both hands. I'm the one in the pink hat waving like I'm on a Brahma at a rodeo. Wahoo!









No comments:

Post a Comment